Aileen is both a long term friend, and a repeat customer! She organises a family session every single year which is the perfect way to make sure YOU get in the shot with your kids and family, and that you can always have beautiful memories to look back on. Your kids change so much over time, and sometimes you don’t even realise until you look back on a photo. Aileen and her family have had past sessions at Perry’s Paddock and Burns Beach, and this year we were back at Burns Beach. The majority of my sessions are scheduled during golden hour, but at the beach it’s even more important for the light to do so for that gorgeous golden glow!
As usual, during my sessions, just let yourself go! Let yourself relax, have fun and be silly with your kids! Lots of fun, laughter and cuddles, so that the most authentic connections can be captured!
To book your own session, or to ask me a question, send me an email! You can also view more of my work in my Family Portfolio.
Contact me to book in your session!
Amy is my very good friend from my son’s mothers group, who also runs Amy Lee Photography. She’s been taking the time to get family photos from me for a number of years! You can look over past sessions with her, including at The Pines Wanneroo, Amy’s maternity session at Perry’s Paddock, and their extended family session. We met at Burns Beach for their first session with their newest addition, the beautiful Delilah. Amy also had a gorgeous idea of wanting some naked pics of Delilah, which we got towards the very end. It got a little chilly, so they also brought a blanket, which in my opinion also creates beautiful texture and mood in your memories!
As usual, my sessions go with the flow according to the kids moods and their own personalities. It’s letting them have fun, be free, and let themselves shine!
If you’d like to book in a session, or have any questions, send me an email! You can also view more of my work in my Family Portfolio.
Contact me to book in your session!
Aileen makes sure that she organises a family shoot every year, which is a perfect way to make sure that you take the time to update your photos and look back on how much everyone has grown and changed. Their last session was at Perry’s Paddock, and this year she chose Burns Beach. Unfortunately we had a few attempts to get the date right (weather being the main barrier!), and pretty much as soon as we arrived on this particular day, it also started to sprinkle with rain! Luckily though it held out and we were able to enjoy the shoot!
During family sessions we always have a lot of fun, and I encourage interaction between you and the kids. Lots of running, spinning, tickling, kisses and cuddles. Movement is the best way to encourage those natural emotions and expressions – and these are the most beautiful to capture because they’re the true essence of YOU! They tell the story of the love for your kids, the humour between them, and the fun you have all together! So don’t expect, or direct, your kids to sit still and smile at the camera if you’re in a session with me – just let them be free and show me who they are!!
If you’d like to book a session for yourself, Contact me here!! You can also view my Family Portfolio for more examples of my work!
Contact me to book in your session!!
Jaydean and her partner Chris travelled over an hour to meet me at Burns Beach for their maternity session. Chris had also driven throughout the day as he’s a FIFO worker, so had spent a lot of time in the car. I appreciated the effort they made to be there for the shoot! Jaydean and Chris were due to have their first baby girl, and once she was born, Jaydean was going to be moving so that Chris didn’t have to commute back and forth for work. They were such a beautiful couple – so full of laughter and love, and looking forward to their little girl being born. I’m sure she’ll be wrapped around Chris’s little finger! During a maternity session, I don’t like to only get images of the growing bump. I also like focusing on the connection between the soon-to-be parents. I think it’s so special and beautiful. One of my favourite images is Jaydean’s arms wrapped around Chris’s neck. If you looked at the image in isolation, you wouldn’t know that it was part of a maternity session. But I know it is, and they know it is. Images can be so powerful – there are so many memories associated with a particular image and point in time. I want clients to not only visually remember that time, but also remember the feelings of that time.
If you’d like to view more beautiful maternity images, check out my Maternity Portfolio. If you’d like to book a session, Contact me here.
You’ve decided to book in a photo session to capture some memories – perhaps you’re investing in a family shoot to remember your family as it is now; a couple session to celebrate your relationship; or a maternity session to celebrate your beautiful growing baby bump. In all of my sessions my main focus is on capturing the connections between you, and the little details. To do this, I usually place you close together on a rug. The aim of this is not to get you to all smile towards the camera – the aim is just to get you CLOSE. From there, it’s quite common for me to be running around and capturing you all from different angles – above, below, left, right, behind and in front. It can feel like you’re staying in one spot for a long time, but because I’m moving around a lot, I’m capturing you from all different perspectives. I’m also looking out for those little details – your little one holding onto your hand; a stray curl of hair blowing across your face; a beautiful expression on your face. The fact that I move a lot also has the added benefit of ensuring that you’re not tempted to always just smile at the camera – because the camera keeps moving! For this reason, the actual location isn’t always important. However, it’s always nice to be in a location that you feel represents what you want to get out of the shoot. As I’m based North of the River, I’ve put together a few locations I regularly shoot at. This doesn’t mean you can only choose from these locations – as I’m always open to new suggestions or places that are important to you – but these are just the places which are regulars for me.
- The Wanneroo Pines. This place is great to go to with kids, as they love to explore amongst the tee pees made of sticks, play with said sticks, and jump on the logs. This allows them to burn off some energy between shots – or capture some candid images of them playing. These candid images often result in those genuine smiles and fun energy kids have when they’re free to play. While kids are playing, I can take the opportunity to get some images of mum and dad. It’s also a beautiful location for maternity shoots – the tall trees make a beautiful backdrop to show off your pregnancy. It’s always most beautiful to go here (as it is with most locations) in the hour before sunset. The glow from the setting sun gives off a beautiful magical feel – especially when it peaks between the trees. If you’re unable to book your shoot during Golden Hour (that hour before sunset), then the trees do provide a decent amount of shade, making it an option for daytime shoots as well.
- Burns Beach. This location is most popular for maternity shoots. It can be more challenging with family shoots depending on ages of the children, due to the water. Burns Beach is beautiful as it also provides some rocks and greenery as a backdrop, without needing to solely rely on the water backdrop. The absolute best time of the day for a beach session is the Golden Hour – the hour before sunset. I generally don’t like to shoot here outside of those hours unless the day is particularly overcast, or if timing wise the shoot needs to be at another time. Maternity sessions here are beautiful – the setting sun makes a great backdrop to a pregnant tummy.
- Perry’s Paddock. This is another location which is best towards golden hour, as there’s a lot of open space. This is one of my favourite locations to shoot at, as we can utilise the trees while the sun is still quite high, and then move to the open field once the sun starts to set. This is where I get some silhouette shots which is always a fun way to show off your family! This location is pretty much perfect for any type of shoot – there’s a lot of space for kids to run around, an abundance of gorgeous light, and the sky always looks beautiful once the sun has set. There’s also a beautiful old white building which can be used as backdrops.
- James Spiers Park, Wanneroo. I love this park for the variety it brings to a session. It’s particularly beautiful in Autumn with the leaves fallen on the ground. This park offers a beautiful area with trees and greenery, a staircase, a wall for people to sit on, as well as a basketball court with a wall that is great for backdrops. There’s a lot of choices at this park, and also a lot of shade options for when shoots can’t be scheduled for golden hour.
- Hyde Park. I love this location, although due to additional travel, I do charge a small travel fee to go here. There are so many choices at Hyde Park, and is another one which offers a lot of shade so is a good spot if we can’t schedule a session for the golden hour (although that time of day is always best no matter the location).
These are just some of the options of places for your shoot. If you’d like to organise a location shoot for yourself, or as a gift for someone else, please Contact me. You can view more family sessions in my Maternity Portfolio or Family Portfolio.
I met with Jordan and her son at Burns Beach on a freeeeezing afternoon. We’d had a bit of bad luck with weather and having to reschedule sessions, and had almost had to cancel that session as well as it had been raining on and off throughout the day. We decided to keep it. I felt so bad for Jordan – she looked absolutely beautiful in her outfit – yet I was freezing all rugged up, so could only imagine how ice cold she was! We had a quick session due to the weather conditions, but I absolutely love the images. I love that she included her son in them. The image of his little legs wrapped around his Mummy’s tummy is the perfect image of the time they have together before his title as an only child is over and his little sister is born. Just as with maternity sessions with mums and dads, I also love to not only focus on the growing bump, but also the connection between mum and son. And the connection between these two was so obvious. He loved cuddling in to his Mummy, and kissing his little sister through her tummy.
If you’d like to view more maternity images, look at my Maternity Portfolio. If you’d like to book a session for yourself, or a gift for someone else, Contact me here.
I met Crystal and Luke at Burns Beach to celebrate their pregnancy with their first baby. Luke had encouraged Crystal to get some photos taken, and I’m so glad he did. She looked absolutely beautiful, and the outfits she chose were just perfect. White, flowing and lace always looks so beautiful at the beach. Not to mention those gorgeous head pieces! We were so lucky with the weather, which worked out great as Crystal and Luke were keen to get in the water for some shots. During maternity sessions I also like to celebrate the couple (if Dad is there), as this marks the time just before their lives are forever changed. It all started with them, and so it’s nice to be able to get some images to not only celebrate the growing bump, but also to celebrate them as a couple before the birth of their baby. This couple had such a sense of fun – their energy, love and affection for each other just made it so easy to photograph. They went on to have a baby girl, Tallulah, and I was lucky enough to capture Tallulah’s Newborn Lifestyle Session as well.
If you’d like to view more maternity sessions, check out my Maternity Portfolio. If you’re interested in booking a maternity session for yourself, Contact Me.